5.2rc1 - query about new echoes

zowie
I’ve been noticing that 5.2rc1 breaks PDL::Graphics::Gnuplot in a minor way, by echoing information about the terminal and its options after a “set terminal” is issued.  In particular, “set terminal dumb” now echoes “dumb x, y = 24 77” as well as the expected string beginning “Options are”… .

Is this intentional? If so, I’ll patch P::G::G to expect it.  If not, could it please be suppressed in the final release?

Cheers,
Craig

Re: 5.2rc1 - query about new echoes

tmacchant
> I’ve been noticing that 5.2rc1 breaks PDL::Graphics::Gnuplot in a minor way, by
> echoing information about the terminal and its options after a “set terminal” is
> issued.  In particular, “set terminal dumb” now echoes “dumb x, y = 24 77” as
> well as the expected string beginning “Options are”… .
>
> Is this intentional? If so, I’ll patch P::G::G to expect it.  If not, could it
> please be suppressed in the final release?

I cannot reproduce it on windows.

gnuplot> set terminal dumb

Terminal type is now 'dumb'
Options are 'feed  size 79, 24 aspect 2, 1 mono'

Please show a simple script to see your trouble.

Tatsuro

Re: 5.2rc1 - query about new echoes

Ethan A Merritt-2
On Friday, June 23, 2017 4:23:42 PM PDT Craig DeForest wrote:
> I’ve been noticing that 5.2rc1 breaks PDL::Graphics::Gnuplot in a minor way,
> by echoing information about the terminal and its options after a “set
> terminal” is issued.  In particular, “set terminal dumb” now echoes “dumb
> x, y = 24 77” as well as the expected string beginning “Options are”… .
>
> Is this intentional? If so, I’ll patch P::G::G to expect it.  If not, could
> it please be suppressed in the final release?

Yeah, sorry. It was a debug statement that should have been removed
before commiting the the bug-fix.

     Ethan

> Cheers,
> Craig

Re: 5.2rc1 - query about new echoes

zowie
This is what I get under macOS:

[Clio-3:~] zowie% gnuplot

        G N U P L O T
        Version 5.2 patchlevel rc1    last modified 2017-05-31

        Copyright (C) 1986-1993, 1998, 2004, 2007-2017
        Thomas Williams, Colin Kelley and many others

        gnuplot home:     http://www.gnuplot.info
        faq, bugs, etc:   type "help FAQ"
        immediate help:   type "help"  (plot window: hit 'h')

Terminal type is now 'qt'
gnuplot> set terminal dumb 79,24

Terminal type is now 'dumb'
dumb x, y = 79 24
Options are 'feed  size 79, 24 aspect 2, 1 mono'
gnuplot>

Cool!

No problem, glad to know.

Best,