Quantcast

Axis with the same scale

Sávio Ramos
I want to plot x**2

gnuplot> set xrange [-1:1]
gnuplot> set yrange [0:1]
gnuplot> plot x**2

But, the scale of the axis is diferent. I need exactly the same.

[]'s
--
Sávio M Ramos
Arquiteto, Rio, RJ

Re: Axis with the same scale

Martin Ward
On 13/05/16 13:54, Sávio Ramos wrote:
> I want to plot x**2
>
> gnuplot> set xrange [-1:1]
> gnuplot> set yrange [0:1]
> gnuplot> plot x**2
>

> But, the scale of the axis is diferent. I need exactly the same.

set xrange [-1:1]
set yrange [0:1]
set size ratio 0.5
plot x**2

--
                        Martin

Dr Martin Ward STRL Principal Lecturer & Reader in Software Engineering
[hidden email]  http://www.cse.dmu.ac.uk/~mward/  Erdos number: 4
G.K.Chesterton web site: http://www.cse.dmu.ac.uk/~mward/gkc/
Mirrors:  http://www.gkc.org.uk  and  http://www.gkc.org.uk/gkc

Re: Axis with the same scale

Derek Lamb

> On May 13, 2016, at 7:05 AM, Martin Ward wrote:
>
> On 13/05/16 13:54, Sávio Ramos wrote:
>> I want to plot x**2
>>
>> gnuplot> set xrange [-1:1]
>> gnuplot> set yrange [0:1]
>> gnuplot> plot x**2
>>

>> But, the scale of the axis is diferent. I need exactly the same.
>
> set xrange [-1:1]
> set yrange [0:1]
> set size ratio 0.5
> plot x**2

Or you could do it in a way that is independent of your chosen xrange and yrange, using a negative value for 'set size ratio':

set xrange [-1:1]
set yrange [0:1]
set size ratio -1
plot x**2