Bad text rendering quality when using epslatex

Bad text rendering quality when using epslatex

Arham Amouie
Hello

I am using epslatex terminal of gnuplot in standalone mode to make plots. As you know, this terminal produces a .tex file (containing all texts to be shown on plot) as well as an .eps file. (Let's call them plot.tex & plot.eps). Then I run the following commands:latex plot.tex
dvips -E -o finalplot.eps plot.dviThis produces the file finalplot.eps, which I use in my main .tex document. Now, the problem is that, after converting to .pdf using PdfLaTeX, especially when I zoom in, I notice that the quality of the text inside the plot is not as good as the quality of the other texts in the document. It seems as if the text inside the plot is rendered without anti-aliasing. What can I do to improve its quality?
I also have another question: How can I be sure that all the fonts are embedded in the .eps file? (This may be important because the main .tex file will finally be rendered on another system by someone else.)
Thanks in advance, and sorry if my English isn't quite good. :-)

Re: Bad text rendering quality when using epslatex

Dr. Agustin Gonzalez

Although I am not a big expert, I can tell you that I have had
the same problem when using "pdflatex" (that is the quality of the
document is not very good, sometimes messed up). So I decided to
follow the good old-fashioned way. That is, assuming that you now
have a good figure (plot.eps) file. You put it inside your
maindocument.tex. Then do

> latex maindocument
> dvips -o maindocument.ps maindocument.dvi
> ps2pdf maindocument.ps

The resulting file "maindocument.pdf" is now of a good quality
and the figure inside has the same quality as the original
plot.eps . It is just two lines more; so, what's the problem?

Hope this helps.

Agustin

On Mon, 26 Dec 2016 11:30:28 +0000 (UTC), Arham Amouie wrote