Could you please help me on how to use 'set key' of my figure?

Could you please help me on how to use 'set key' of my figure?

Wenqiang Liu
Dear everyone,
My current setting is 'set key box lw 0.5 reverse Left width 1',
however, the space between the sample point&words and the box border is
still too large for me. I have tried to use some smaller number like
'set key box lw 0.5 reverse Left width 0.001' in my script, but the
width seems will not change anymore. I could not change the space
between the key and the box borders. Could you please tell me how to do
that?
Another question is that, in x11 terminal, I can use 'test' to see the
results of linetype, linewidth and so on. If I set terminal to
postscript, typing 'test' gives lots of words which is not so easy to
understand. How can I output the illustration of the test results.
Any help would be much appreciated!

Best Regards
Liu