Default Terminal?

DoctorT
Hi!

I am a newbie.  I use Windows 7 Pro (64-bit).  I started to install GNUPLOT (gp504-win32-mingw.exe) and I have to select one of the following terminals: windows, wxt, qt, or default.

Which is the default terminal?  Which should I select?

Thank you!

Dr. T

Re: Default Terminal?

Hans-Bernhard Bröker-2
Am 02.11.2016 um 12:33 schrieb DoctorT:
> Hi!
>
> I am a newbie.  I use Windows 7 Pro (64-bit).  I started to install GNUPLOT
> (gp504-win32-mingw.exe) and I have to select one of the following terminals:
> windows, wxt, qt, or default.
>
> Which is the default terminal?

Each of them can be.

> Which should I select?

If there were a definite answer to that, we needn't ask the question :-)

Re: Default Terminal?

DoctorT
Dear H-B B-2,

Thank you for your reply.

I know that the terminal can be re-set after installation.  But, when GNUPLOT is first installed, what terminal, if any, is set as the default terminal if I select default?

So that I can select the terminal, where can I find an explanation of the features of the windows, wxt, and qt terminals?

Thank you!

Dr. T

Re: Default Terminal?

tmacchant
>I know that the terminal can be re-set after installation.  But, when GNUPLOT is first installed, what terminal, if any, is set as the default terminal if I select default?

>So that I can select the terminal, where can I find an explanation of the features of the windows, wxt, and qt terminals?

Sorry for late reply.
On the windows binary package distributed on SourceForge, the wxt terminal is set to be default.
For features of each terminal, please see

gnuplot manual
http://gnuplot.sourceforge.net/docs_5.0/gnuplot.pdf

or

gnuplot help with