Error plotting lcdemo.dat

Bastian Märkisch
When trying to plot "lcdemo.dat" using the current CVS version, I do get
the following warning:

gnuplot> plot "lcdemo.dat"
               ^
          warning: Unrecognized 5 column plot style; resetting to
boxerrorbars

Is that to be expected? Does anybody else see that?

   Bastian

Re: Error plotting lcdemo.dat

sfeam
On Thursday, 03 March 2016 11:31:38 PM Bastian Märkisch wrote:
> When trying to plot "lcdemo.dat" using the current CVS version, I do get
> the following warning:
>
> gnuplot> plot "lcdemo.dat"
>                ^
>           warning: Unrecognized 5 column plot style; resetting to
> boxerrorbars
>
> Is that to be expected? Does anybody else see that?

Yeah. Sorry, That was a side-effect of adding "pointtype variable".
That increased the maximum number of columns relevant to "with points"
from 4 to 5.  That's fine if the plot command actually consumes all 5
columns, but if the data file contains more columns than the plot command
uses, then the extra ones have to be ignored gracefully.
Fixed now.

Am 04.03.2016 um 05:10 schrieb sfeam:

> On Thursday, 03 March 2016 11:31:38 PM Bastian Märkisch wrote:
>> When trying to plot "lcdemo.dat" using the current CVS version, I do get
>> the following warning:
>>
>> gnuplot> plot "lcdemo.dat"
>>                 ^
>>            warning: Unrecognized 5 column plot style; resetting to
>> boxerrorbars
>>
>> Is that to be expected? Does anybody else see that?
>
> Yeah. Sorry, That was a side-effect of adding "pointtype variable".
> That increased the maximum number of columns relevant to "with points"
> from 4 to 5.  That's fine if the plot command actually consumes all 5
> columns, but if the data file contains more columns than the plot command
> uses, then the extra ones have to be ignored gracefully.
> Fixed now.
>
> Ethan

Thanks for the quick fix!

   Bastian