GNU readline for windows

tmacchant
The change

2016-06-14  Bastian Maerkisch  <[hidden email]>

    * src/readline.c src/plot.c config/config.mgw config/mingw/Makefile:
    Allow console mode gnuplot on Windows to use GNU readline, which is
    more powerful than the builtin code, but still does not handle Unicode
    input on Windows.

For GNU readline, we had discussed the below:

http://gnuplot.10905.n7.nabble.com/readline-to-gnuplot-exe-console-mode-for-windows-td11173.html

I at the moment do not link the GNU readline for my CVS binary distribution unless

a new statement will appear about the GNU readline.

Tatsuro

Re: GNU readline for windows

Tait

*shrug*

I don't think I'm qualified to offer any more input than I already
have. Doubly so because I'm a user and not a developer of gnuplot,
and bear no liability in any case. I am content with whatever
decision is made having awareness of the situation. I just wouldn't
want anyone to fall astray out of ignorance of the issue.

Tait