How to use the every key word when use splot?

How to use the every key word when use splot?

Wenqiang Liu
Dear everyone,
I do not understand how to use the every key word when I use splot, even though I have read the manual. Could anybody give me some help?
I want to plot a figure like the one in the "Plotting data" part of this link (http://www.phyast.pitt.edu/~zov1/gnuplot/html/wall.html#opennewwindow). The figure is in the middle of the page.
However, I have a 8 columns text file instead of a 3 columns file in that link, and I want to use the first, forth and fifth columns of my file. And I want to plot several planes like the figure in that link which plot the relation of Y axis and Z axis. How should I use the every key word in command splot 'datafile' every ::?::? using 4:1:5 with lines?
Any help would be much appreciated!

Best Regards
Liu