Quantcast

Planned release of gnuplot version 5.0 Patchlevel 4

Planned release of gnuplot version 5.0 Patchlevel 4

sfeam
I plan to prepare a 5.0.4 release package later this week.
Is anyone aware of unresolved problems or bugs that should
be fixed before release?

Short list of fixes/changes that will appear in 5.0.4
* CHANGE minimum linewidth of all cairo terminals is now 0.2 pt
* CHANGE in-line datablock lines are not limited to 1024 characters
* CHANGE do not truncate or renumber history items in the active session
* CHANGE (Windows only) open piped output using mode "wb" rather than "w"
* CHANGE backport 5.1 use of "lc variable" to color boxplot factors
* CHANGE gnuplot_svg.js now remaps coords for svg image embedded in larger object
* CHANGE disallow "set palette maxcolors 1" (which has never worked)
* CHANGE data-input errors in "stats" now generate a warning rather than an error
* FIX placement of objects and labels using linked secondary axis coordinates
* FIX 'set term qt <N> close' acts immediately rather than after next mouse event
* FIX emf terminal could lose track of bold/italic/etc font properties
* FIX emf terminal text placement of UTF-8 strings
* FIX regression that caused "set log x; plot '-'; replot" to mess up autoscaling
* FIX regression in v5 that mangled 3D arrows defined by "from ... rto ..."
* FIX transposition of row/column count in plotting ascii x/y/z data "with image"
* FIX 7-column input to "splot ... with vectors"
* FIX ignore incomplete "every" spec for image plots
* FIX placement of xyplane does not depend on having tics or grid lines enabled
* FIX early program exit on replot+resize with inline data
* FIX bad plot iteration with negative increment, e.g. plot for [i=9:1:-1] foo(i)
* FIX smoothed curves could not be plotted as filledcurves; now they can be

No new features.

Re: Planned release of gnuplot version 5.0 Patchlevel 4

Daniel J Sebald
Yes.  Something has come up with a Windows-only bug interpreting
formating characters like "a_b" that would be nice to investigate before
another release.  I don't have a means of testing or creating a patch
for Windows.  Sourceforge has been offline so I'm unable to post a bug.

Dan

On 07/12/2016 06:02 PM, Ethan A Merritt wrote:

> I plan to prepare a 5.0.4 release package later this week.
> Is anyone aware of unresolved problems or bugs that should
> be fixed before release?
>
> Short list of fixes/changes that will appear in 5.0.4
> * CHANGE minimum linewidth of all cairo terminals is now 0.2 pt
> * CHANGE in-line datablock lines are not limited to 1024 characters
> * CHANGE do not truncate or renumber history items in the active session
> * CHANGE (Windows only) open piped output using mode "wb" rather than "w"
> * CHANGE backport 5.1 use of "lc variable" to color boxplot factors
> * CHANGE gnuplot_svg.js now remaps coords for svg image embedded in larger object
> * CHANGE disallow "set palette maxcolors 1" (which has never worked)
> * CHANGE data-input errors in "stats" now generate a warning rather than an error
> * FIX placement of objects and labels using linked secondary axis coordinates
> * FIX 'set term qt <N> close' acts immediately rather than after next mouse event
> * FIX emf terminal could lose track of bold/italic/etc font properties
> * FIX emf terminal text placement of UTF-8 strings
> * FIX regression that caused "set log x; plot '-'; replot" to mess up autoscaling
> * FIX regression in v5 that mangled 3D arrows defined by "from ... rto ..."
> * FIX transposition of row/column count in plotting ascii x/y/z data "with image"
> * FIX 7-column input to "splot ... with vectors"
> * FIX ignore incomplete "every" spec for image plots
> * FIX placement of xyplane does not depend on having tics or grid lines enabled
> * FIX early program exit on replot+resize with inline data
> * FIX bad plot iteration with negative increment, e.g. plot for [i=9:1:-1] foo(i)
> * FIX smoothed curves could not be plotted as filledcurves; now they can be
>
> No new features.
>
> Ethan

Dan Sebald
email: daniel(DOT)sebald(AT)ieee(DOT)org

On Wednesday, 13 July 2016 12:18:38 PM Daniel J Sebald wrote:
> On 07/12/2016 06:02 PM, Ethan A Merritt wrote:
> > I plan to prepare a 5.0.4 release package later this week.
> > Is anyone aware of unresolved problems or bugs that should
> > be fixed before release?

> Yes.  Something has come up with a Windows-only bug interpreting
> formating characters like "a_b" that would be nice to investigate before
> another release.

I have uploaded a pre-release copy of gnuplot-5.0.4.tar.gz
to the "Release Candidates" area on Sourceforge.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/gnuplot/files/gnuplot/5.0 release candidates/

It contains Bastian's fix for the bug you mention above.

Re: Planned release of gnuplot version 5.0 Patchlevel 4

tmacchant
> From: Ethan A Merritt

> To: gnuplot-beta
> Date: 2016/7/13, Wed 08:02
> Subject: Planned release of gnuplot version 5.0 Patchlevel 4
>
> I plan to prepare a 5.0.4 release package later this week.
> Is anyone aware of unresolved problems or bugs that should
> be fixed before release?
>
> Short list of fixes/changes that will appear in 5.0.4
> * CHANGE minimum linewidth of all cairo terminals is now 0.2 pt
> * CHANGE in-line datablock lines are not limited to 1024 characters
> * CHANGE do not truncate or renumber history items in the active session
> * CHANGE (Windows only) open piped output using mode "wb" rather than
> "w"
> * CHANGE backport 5.1 use of "lc variable" to color boxplot factors
> * CHANGE gnuplot_svg.js now remaps coords for svg image embedded in larger
> object
> * CHANGE disallow "set palette maxcolors 1" (which has never worked)
> * CHANGE data-input errors in "stats" now generate a warning rather
> than an error
> * FIX placement of objects and labels using linked secondary axis coordinates
> * FIX 'set term qt <N> close' acts immediately rather than after
> next mouse event
> * FIX emf terminal could lose track of bold/italic/etc font properties
> * FIX emf terminal text placement of UTF-8 strings
> * FIX regression that caused "set log x; plot '-'; replot" to
> mess up autoscaling
> * FIX regression in v5 that mangled 3D arrows defined by "from ... rto
> ..."
> * FIX transposition of row/column count in plotting ascii x/y/z data "with
> image"
> * FIX 7-column input to "splot ... with vectors"
> * FIX ignore incomplete "every" spec for image plots
> * FIX placement of xyplane does not depend on having tics or grid lines enabled
> * FIX early program exit on replot+resize with inline data
> * FIX bad plot iteration with negative increment, e.g. plot for [i=9:1:-1]
> foo(i)
> * FIX smoothed curves could not be plotted as filledcurves; now they can be
>
> No new features.
>
>     Ethan

I have tried to build gnuplot 5.0.4 on MinGW64 64 bit on windows.

Build itself is fine.

I have noticed that I could not specify install directory by installer install.
This is also true on cvs version that I have not been noticed.

Bastian

Have you ever seen such fault?

Tatsuro

Tatsuro

Re: Planned release of gnuplot version 5.0 Patchlevel 4

tmacchant

Re: Planned release of gnuplot version 5.0 Patchlevel 4

tmacchant
>>  I have tried to build gnuplot 5.0.4 on MinGW64 64 bit on windows.
>>
>>  Build itself is fine.
>>
>>  I have noticed that I could not specify install directory by installer
> install.
>>  This is also true on cvs version that I have not been noticed.
>>
>>  Bastian
>>
>>  Have you ever seen such fault?
>>
> Seem to be an issue inno setup unicode version.
> I have uninstalled unicode version and install regular version
> and transfer codinf utf-8 with BOM to Sjis and built installer again.
>
> Selection of install directory screen appeared this time.
>
> Hmmm
>
> Tatsuro

It seems that modpath.iss is ignored in unicode version.

Tatsuro

Re: Planned release of gnuplot version 5.0 Patchlevel 4

tmacchant
>>>   I have tried to build gnuplot 5.0.4 on MinGW64 64 bit on windows.
>>>
>>>   Build itself is fine.
>>>
>>>   I have noticed that I could not specify install directory by installer
>
>>  install.
>>>   This is also true on cvs version that I have not been noticed.
>>>
>>>   Bastian
>>>
>>>   Have you ever seen such fault?
>>>
>>  Seem to be an issue inno setup unicode version.
>>  I have uninstalled unicode version and install regular version
>>  and transfer codinf utf-8 with BOM to Sjis and built installer again.
>>
>>  Selection of install directory screen appeared this time.
>>
>>  Hmmm
>>
>>  Tatsuro
>
> It seems that modpath.iss is ignored in unicode version.
>
> Tatsuro

Re: Planned release of gnuplot version 5.0 Patchlevel 4

tmacchant
>>>   I have tried to build gnuplot 5.0.4 on MinGW64 64 bit on windows.
>>>
>>>   Build itself is fine.
>>>
>>>   I have noticed that I could not specify install directory by installer
>
>>  install.
>>>   This is also true on cvs version that I have not been noticed.
>>>
>>>   Bastian
>>>
>>>   Have you ever seen such fault?
>>>
>>  Seem to be an issue inno setup unicode version.
>>  I have uninstalled unicode version and install regular version
>>  and transfer codinf utf-8 with BOM to Sjis and built installer again.
>>
>>  Selection of install directory screen appeared this time.
>>
>>  Hmmm
>>
>>  Tatsuro
>
> It seems that modpath.iss is ignored in unicode version.
>
> Tatsuro

Sorry repeated post.
The origin is not related unicode.
Perhaps version change of Inno Setup causes a problem.

Tatsuro