Re: gnuplot-info Digest, Vol 128, Issue 6

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: gnuplot-info Digest, Vol 128, Issue 6

Alan Corey
I recently saw a really neat demo as part of an rtl_power_fftw package
where data comes from somewhere, goes though rtl_power_fftw, gets fed
to gnuplot, and updates a plot on the screen a couple times a second.
Can't find it right now but it was feeding gnuplot's stdin.

On 7/21/17, [hidden email]
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Send gnuplot-info mailing list submissions to
> [hidden email]
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gnuplot-info
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> [hidden email]
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
> [hidden email]
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of gnuplot-info digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. read from standard input (Patrick Dupre)
>    2. Re: read from standard input (Ethan Merritt)
>    3. Re: read from standard input (Patrick Dupre)
>    4. Re: read from standard input (Patrick Dupre)
>    5. Re: read from standard input (Ethan A Merritt)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2017 16:39:03 +0200
> From: "Patrick Dupre" <[hidden email]>
> To: gnuplot <[hidden email]>
> Subject: [Gnuplot-info] read from standard input
> Message-ID:
> <trinity-b1fde3ba-7c25-47aa-a819-d43e6a196e5d-1500647943120@3capp-mailcom-bs14>
>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
>
> Hello,
>
> In batch mode, I can make a pause and wait for a return
>
> I would like to pass a value to gnuplot at that point.
>
> Is it possible.
>
> Thank
>
> ===========================================================================
>  Patrick DUPR?                                 | | email: [hidden email]
>  Laboratoire de Physico-Chimie de l'Atmosph?re | |
>  Universit? du Littoral-C?te d'Opale           | |
>  Tel.  (33)-(0)3 28 23 76 12                   | | Fax: 03 28 65 82 44
>  189A, avenue Maurice Schumann                 | | 59140 Dunkerque, France
> ===========================================================================
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2017 07:53:50 -0700
> From: Ethan Merritt <[hidden email]>
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Gnuplot-info] read from standard input
> Message-ID: <3036840.zfDcCDjOY1@stonelion>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
>
> On Friday, 21 July 2017 16:39:03 Patrick Dupre wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> In batch mode, I can make a pause and wait for a return
>>
>> I would like to pass a value to gnuplot at that point.
>
> Pass a value from where?
>
> If there is a plot window then this will wait for a key entered from
> the plot window and then pass it to some routine for interpretation.
> The routine could continue to accept new characters one by one
> to build up a longer string.
>
> pause mouse key
> call some_routine_name MOUSE_CHAR
>
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2017 17:04:53 +0200
> From: "Patrick Dupre" <[hidden email]>
> To: "Ethan Merritt" <[hidden email]>
> Cc: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Gnuplot-info] read from standard input
> Message-ID:
> <trinity-5d280d8d-3ac8-4347-bf3e-f950583beb1a-1500649493305@3capp-mailcom-bs14>
>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
>
>
>
> ===========================================================================
>  Patrick DUPR?                                 | | email: [hidden email]
>  Laboratoire de Physico-Chimie de l'Atmosph?re | |
>  Universit? du Littoral-C?te d'Opale           | |
>  Tel.  (33)-(0)3 28 23 76 12                   | | Fax: 03 28 65 82 44
>  189A, avenue Maurice Schumann                 | | 59140 Dunkerque, France
> ===========================================================================
>
>
>> Sent: Friday, July 21, 2017 at 4:53 PM
>> From: "Ethan Merritt" <[hidden email]>
>> To: [hidden email]
>> Cc: "Patrick Dupre" <[hidden email]>
>> Subject: Re: [Gnuplot-info] read from standard input
>>
>> On Friday, 21 July 2017 16:39:03 Patrick Dupre wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > In batch mode, I can make a pause and wait for a return
>> >
>> > I would like to pass a value to gnuplot at that point.
>>
>> Pass a value from where?
>>
>> If there is a plot window then this will wait for a key entered from
>> the plot window and then pass it to some routine for interpretation.
>> The routine could continue to accept new characters one by one
>> to build up a longer string.
>>
>> pause mouse key
>> call some_routine_name MOUSE_CHAR
>
> Following your idea, after a pause -1 (pause mouse key)
> Clicking on the 2nd button of the mouse, I can display the values (x, y)
> that I clicked.
> How can I transfer these values to gnuplot when I make a return in the
> terminal where gnuplot is waiting ?
> Then I will affect the read value to the rest of my gnuplot script.
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2017 17:12:45 +0200
> From: "Patrick Dupre" <[hidden email]>
> To: "Ethan Merritt" <[hidden email]>
> Cc: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Gnuplot-info] read from standard input
> Message-ID:
> <trinity-5e6cf6b5-80b6-45ec-ae6e-735f572fe3b7-1500649965193@3capp-mailcom-bs14>
>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
>
> OK,
>
> I got it
>
> MOUSE_X
>
> ===========================================================================
>  Patrick DUPR?                                 | | email: [hidden email]
>  Laboratoire de Physico-Chimie de l'Atmosph?re | |
>  Universit? du Littoral-C?te d'Opale           | |
>  Tel.  (33)-(0)3 28 23 76 12                   | | Fax: 03 28 65 82 44
>  189A, avenue Maurice Schumann                 | | 59140 Dunkerque, France
> ===========================================================================
>
>
>> Sent: Friday, July 21, 2017 at 4:53 PM
>> From: "Ethan Merritt" <[hidden email]>
>> To: [hidden email]
>> Cc: "Patrick Dupre" <[hidden email]>
>> Subject: Re: [Gnuplot-info] read from standard input
>>
>> On Friday, 21 July 2017 16:39:03 Patrick Dupre wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > In batch mode, I can make a pause and wait for a return
>> >
>> > I would like to pass a value to gnuplot at that point.
>>
>> Pass a value from where?
>>
>> If there is a plot window then this will wait for a key entered from
>> the plot window and then pass it to some routine for interpretation.
>> The routine could continue to accept new characters one by one
>> to build up a longer string.
>>
>> pause mouse key
>> call some_routine_name MOUSE_CHAR
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2017 08:14:28 -0700
> From: Ethan A Merritt <[hidden email]>
> To: Patrick Dupre <[hidden email]>
> Cc: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Gnuplot-info] read from standard input
> Message-ID: <1813891.b74LPMiTNB@stonelion>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
>
> On Friday, 21 July 2017 17:04:53 Patrick Dupre wrote:
>> > From: "Ethan Merritt" <[hidden email]>
>> > On Friday, 21 July 2017 16:39:03 Patrick Dupre wrote:
>> > > Hello,
>> > >
>> > > In batch mode, I can make a pause and wait for a return
>> > >
>> > > I would like to pass a value to gnuplot at that point.
>> >
>> > Pass a value from where?
>> >
>> > If there is a plot window then this will wait for a key entered from
>> > the plot window and then pass it to some routine for interpretation.
>> > The routine could continue to accept new characters one by one
>> > to build up a longer string.
>> >
>> > pause mouse key
>> > call some_routine_name MOUSE_CHAR
>>
>> Following your idea, after a pause -1 (pause mouse key)
>> Clicking on the 2nd button of the mouse, I can display the values (x, y)
>> that I clicked.
>> How can I transfer these values to gnuplot when I make a return in the
>> terminal where gnuplot is waiting ?
>> Then I will affect the read value to the rest of my gnuplot script.
>
> The x and y coordinates from the most recent mouse click are in
>  MOUSE_X and MOUSE_Y.
>
> Ethan
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
> engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Subject: Digest Footer
>
> _______________________________________________
> gnuplot-info mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Membership management via:
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gnuplot-info
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> End of gnuplot-info Digest, Vol 128, Issue 6
> ********************************************
>


--
-------------
No, I won't  call it "climate change", do you have a "reality problem"? - AB1JX
Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
gnuplot-info mailing list
[hidden email]
Membership management via: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gnuplot-info