Unwanted line toggle on mouse click events

Unwanted line toggle on mouse click events

Plotter-2
Hi,

I have noticed a small  defect in toggling line visibility from the
keybox: it can interfere with other mouse functionality.

It seems that any mouse click event : left , right or middle will toggle
visibility if it happens on a active part of the legend. This result in
two things in the case fo right-mouse and 3rd-button / scroll-wheel
click events.

3rd button will stamp mouse coords on top of the legend at the same time
as greying the legend and toggling the line. I doubt that either result
is that useful.

A right click as the first point in selecting a new zoom for the plot
also triggers the line toggle. I think in this case it is fair to assume
that user did not intend to do both and the result is undesirable.

The obvious fix would seem to be only triggering the line toggle on
left-button clicks.

This defect was seen on qt-terminal on 5.0.1. I have not tested other
terminals.

Is this the way it is intended to work , an oversight or a possible bug
on this terminal ?

Best regards. Peter.

Re: Unwanted line toggle on mouse click events

sfeam
On Sunday, 09 October 2016 12:26:27 PM [hidden email] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have noticed a small  defect in toggling line visibility from the
> keybox: it can interfere with other mouse functionality.
>
> It seems that any mouse click event : left , right or middle will toggle
> visibility if it happens on a active part of the legend. This result in
> two things in the case fo right-mouse and 3rd-button / scroll-wheel
> click events.

Fixed in January 2016 for both 5.0 and 5.1
The fix first appeared in a release version in 5.0.3 (Feb 2016)

        Ethan