X11 compilation errors gnuplot 5

rytis
Hello
At some point during the compilation of Gnuplot 5, the compilation fails.

In this case, making the target called binonly that is located in gnuplot/src, the -lX11 is missing (although it is checked for successfully in configuration). I managed to fix this by adding the -lX11 flag at the end. What am I missing here?

/usr/bin/ld: wxterminal/wxt_gui.o: undefined reference to symbol 'XInitThreads'
//usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libX11.so.6: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line
Makefile:787: recipe for target 'gnuplot' failed

Here is my configuration:
./configure --with-readline=gnu --with-qt --with-pdf --with-linux-vga --with-ggi --with-gpic --with-mif --with-tutorial --with-cwdrc --with-kpsexpand --with-lua

RE: X11 compilation errors gnuplot 5

Bastian Märkisch

This is a known bug - although I do not seem to find the relevant bug
tracker
item just now.  The wxGTK configuration script fails to include the X11
library
although it is required.

Work-around is to prepend   TERMLIBS="-lX11"  to your ./configure call.

   Bastian