confusing result

Wolfgang Schwanzer
Dear all!

I'm a gnuplot novice and I'm really confused at the moment.

Why is 0.25*x**4 not the same as (1/4)*x**4?

Please help.

Thanks

Wolfgang

Re: confusing result

Dave Horsfall
On Wed, 4 Mar 2015, Wolfgang Schwanzer wrote:

> Why is 0.25*x**4 not the same as (1/4)*x**4?

Because (1/4) evaluates to zero?

--
Dave Horsfall DTM (VK2KFU)  "Bliss is a MacBook with a FreeBSD server."
http://www.horsfall.org/spam.html (and check the home page whilst you're there)

Re: confusing result

BBands
Interger division: Try (1/4.0)*x**4.