eps file

Hartmut Ehmler
I use gnuplot for windows (wgnuplot.exe).
When creating an .eps file with 'set terminal postscript eps'
I get an output file, which is on A4, but contains only a very small plot.
This is especially annoying when importing this file as a graphics into
MS-word. Is there a solution for this?

For info, I copy here the first comment lines of my .eps file:
%!PS-Adobe-2.0 EPSF-2.0
%%Title: eps_example_file.eps
%%Creator: gnuplot 4.0 patchlevel 0
%%CreationDate: Mon Jun 06 14:01:44 2005
%%DocumentFonts: (atend)
%%BoundingBox: 50 50 301 226
%%Orientation: Portrait
%%EndComments

Regards, Hartmut

Dr. Hartmut Ehmler
W7-X Basic Device/Magnets
Max Planck Institut für Plasmaphysik
Wendelsteinstraße 1
17491 Greifswald (Germany)

phone: +49 (0)3834/88-2525
fax:   +49 (0)3834/88-2709
email: [hidden email]

Re: eps file

Hans-Bernhard Bröker
Hartmut Ehmler wrote:
> When creating an .eps file with 'set terminal postscript eps'
> I get an output file, which is on A4, but contains only a very small plot.

How exactly did you establish the fact that this plot was "on A4"?  I
ask because I'm quite sure that's not the case.  Look at the
BoundingBox: it's considerably less than one A4 page's worth large.

Re: eps file

Gael Varoquaux
On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 02:02:57PM +0200, Hartmut Ehmler wrote:
> For info, I copy here the first comment lines of my .eps file:
> %!PS-Adobe-2.0 EPSF-2.0
> %%Title: eps_example_file.eps
> %%Creator: gnuplot 4.0 patchlevel 0
> %%CreationDate: Mon Jun 06 14:01:44 2005
> %%DocumentFonts: (atend)
> %%BoundingBox: 50 50 301 226
> %%Orientation: Portrait
> %%EndComments

  You can always use the quick and dirty solutions : delete the line of
your eps file starting with :
%%BoundingBox:

--
  Gaël

Re: eps file

Ethan Merritt
On Tuesday 07 June 2005 08:01 am, Gaël Varoquaux wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 02:02:57PM +0200, Hartmut Ehmler wrote:
> > For info, I copy here the first comment lines of my .eps file:
> > %!PS-Adobe-2.0 EPSF-2.0
> > %%Title: eps_example_file.eps
> > %%Creator: gnuplot 4.0 patchlevel 0
> > %%CreationDate: Mon Jun 06 14:01:44 2005
> > %%DocumentFonts: (atend)
> > %%BoundingBox: 50 50 301 226
> > %%Orientation: Portrait
> > %%EndComments
>
>   You can always use the quick and dirty solutions : delete the line of
> your eps file starting with :
> %%BoundingBox:

???
I think you have that backwards.
It is exactly the BoundingBox line that tells an application program
which portion of the page is of interest.  If you *remove* that line,
then you will probably get an entire, mostly blank, page.

--
Ethan A Merritt       [hidden email]
Biomolecular Structure Center

Re: eps file

Gael Varoquaux
On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 10:23:52AM -0700, Ethan Merritt wrote:
> >   You can always use the quick and dirty solutions : delete the line of
> > your eps file starting with :
> > %%BoundingBox:

> ???
> I think you have that backwards.
> It is exactly the BoundingBox line that tells an application program
> which portion of the page is of interest.  If you *remove* that line,
> then you will probably get an entire, mostly blank, page.

   Sure, I forgot to add that you should rebuild a bounding box with
ps2eps.

--
  Gaël