growth rate

Even Karl
Hello,

I am very embarassed with growth rate calculation with gnuplot.
Is it possible to be returned graphically something like xt/xt-1 (x beeing a
statistical series) under gnuplot ?

If there is a solution I am a taker

thanks in advance

Karl

Re: growth rate

Hans-Bernhard Bröker
Even Karl wrote:
> I am very embarassed with growth rate calculation with gnuplot.

I can only assume that your use of "embarassed" in this context is a
language issue.  As is, that statement doesn't really make any sense.

> Is it possible to be returned graphically something like xt/xt-1 (x beeing a
> statistical series) under gnuplot?

"Under" gnuplot: yes.  But not in gnuplot itself.  Gnuplot doesn't do
on-the-fly modifications of data involving more than text line's worth
of them (i.e. one "record", see "help glossary").

For modifications like this, use external data processing tools.  E.g.
'awk'.  You can even do that under gnuplot's control, if you're on the
right kind of platform:

   plot '<awk "{print $1 \"\\t\" $2/xt_m_1; xt_m_1 = $2}" data'

(or something roughly like that).  For better result, write an awk
script and run it by

        plot '<yourscript data'