Quantcast

how to get syscall errno

ivana richterova
Hi all,

is there any way how to get the syscall errno for system command in gnuplot?

thanks!

Iva

Re: how to get syscall errno

ivana richterova
Hi all,

I'd like to specify.

I've found that on linux, I get GPVAL_ERRNO set (not GPVAL_ERRMSG) but
the execution go on.

Contrary on windows, The execution is aborted, "popen failed" printed
out and GPVAL_ERRNO and GPVAL_ERRMSG are not set.

This is worse. Well, I can set some variable and reset it after
syscalls, so I know if loaded ended successfully, but it should work
better I guess.

Iva

Re: how to get syscall errno

Hans-Bernhard Bröker-2
Am 17.12.2016 um 19:42 schrieb ivana richterova:
> Hi all,
>
> is there any way how to get the syscall errno for system command in gnuplot?

In a nutshell: you can't.  Which is OK, since gnuplot doesn't give you
general access to syscalls, anyway.