how to set the data range for palette to match in gnuplot

Jon

how to set the data range for palette to match in gnuplot

Jon
Dear Users,

I would like to compare across different settings of the same type of data
in a color plot using something like the following,

plot 'pdratio' using 1:2:(abs($1)>0.3?$4:1/0) with p ps 0.75 pt 4 palette

Gnuplot automatically chooses the data range for the palette to map out
color, which can be different from case to case. Is there way to ask
gnuplot to map out color for the same data range consistently across
different cases?

Something like

set palette maxcolor 100

is not what I want.

Thanks,

Sincerely,
Jon

Re: how to set the data range for palette to match in gnuplot

Ethan A Merritt-2
Probably:     set cbrange [min:max]

Jon

Re: how to set the data range for palette to match in gnuplot

Jon
Thanks! this works.

Sincerely,
Jon