how to type the times symbol in eps figures?

how to type the times symbol in eps figures?

thorneliu
Hello, everyone!
I am using gnuplot and I want to label the times symbol in my figure (you know , just like the $\times$ symbol in TeX)
what is the code for that symbol ?
thanks in advance.

Re: how to type the times symbol in eps figures?

Hans-Bernhard Bröker-2
Am 20.06.2010 14:34, schrieb thorneliu:

> I am using gnuplot and I want to label the times symbol in my figure (you
> know , just like the $\times$ symbol in TeX)
> what is the code for that symbol ?

That depends on what output format you're trying to generate (--> help
terminal).  In some of them it actually is $\times$, because there are TeX.

Re: how to type the times symbol in eps figures?

thorneliu

Hans-Bernhard Bröker-2 wrote
Am 20.06.2010 14:34, schrieb thorneliu:

> I am using gnuplot and I want to label the times symbol in my figure (you
> know , just like the $\times$ symbol in TeX)
> what is the code for that symbol ?

That depends on what output format you're trying to generate (--> help
terminal).  In some of them it actually is $\times$, because there are TeX.

thank you...I am using the terminal " post enh " (eps format)
just now I refered to the documents on http://t16web.lanl.gov/Kawano/gnuplot/tics-e.html
And I got the answer to my question
{\Symbol \264} works