plot data in multiple files in 3d shape

Eng. Bahaa
Hi everyone,I have multiple files of data each with only one column of data.What I am looking for is to plot all data in files in one plot to be look like the plot in the linkĀ http://gnuplot.sourceforge.net/demo/surface1.17.pngI don't want to merge these files in file of multiple columns.I think there is something to plot these file in x-y and select z values for each file but I cannot find that.
Please advise !
Cheers

Bahaa

Re: plot data in multiple files in 3d shape

theozh
Does the following give the desired result?

reset
splot "Data1.dat" u (0):0:1 w i ls 1,\
      '' u (0):0:1 w l ls 1 not,\
      "Data2.dat" u (1):0:1 w i ls 2,\
      '' u (1):0:1 w l ls 2 not,\
      "Data3.dat" u (2):0:1 w i ls 3,\
      '' u (2):0:1 w l ls 3 not

Replace "Data1.dat" etc. with your filenames.
Continue with the terms (0),(1),(2),... according to your number of files.
It draws the data with impulses and again with lines in order to look
like the example you mentioned. Maybe there is a simpler way...

Re: plot data in multiple files in 3d shape

Eng. Bahaa
Hi,
Thanks for your support!!
It is powerful and easy to implement.