plot with connecting lines and with errorbars simultaneously

plot with connecting lines and with errorbars simultaneously

Tim23
As far as I understand I can plot either with errorbars (there will be no point connecting line) or with lines (there will be no errorbars).
Is it possible to combine them?

Re: plot with connecting lines and with errorbars simultaneously

thse
plot twice:

plot "datafilename" using 1:2 with lines, "" using 1:2:3 with errorbars

or

plot "datafilename" using 1:2 with lines linetype 1, "" using 1:2:3 with errorbars linetype 1

if you want the same linetype for connecting lines and error bars.

Tim23 wrote
As far as I understand I can plot either with errorbars (there will be no point connecting line) or with lines (there will be no errorbars).
Is it possible to combine them?

Re: plot with connecting lines and with errorbars simultaneously

Tim23
Thanks, Thomas!

Thomas Sefzick wrote
plot twice:

plot "datafilename" using 1:2 with lines, "" using 1:2:3 with errorbars

or

plot "datafilename" using 1:2 with lines linetype 1, "" using 1:2:3 with errorbars linetype 1

if you want the same linetype for connecting lines and error bars.

Tim23 wrote
As far as I understand I can plot either with errorbars (there will be no point connecting line) or with lines (there will be no errorbars).
Is it possible to combine them?

Re: plot with connecting lines and with errorbars simultaneously

Hans-Bernhard Bröker-2
Tim23 wrote:
> As far as I understand I can plot either with errorbars (there will be no
> point connecting line) or with lines (there will be no errorbars).
> Is it possible to combine them?

See "help errorlines".  And maybe spend a moment or two on finding out
how you managed to overlook the reference to it when you thoroughly
studied the documentation for errorbars...

Re: plot with connecting lines and with errorbars simultaneously

Tim23
My question was not related to errorlines.

Hans-Bernhard Bröker-2 wrote