read from standard input

Patrick Dupre
Hello,

In batch mode, I can make a pause and wait for a return

I would like to pass a value to gnuplot at that point.

Is it possible.

Thank

 Patrick DUPRÉ                                 | | email: [hidden email]
 Laboratoire de Physico-Chimie de l'Atmosphère | |
 Université du Littoral-Côte d'Opale           | |
 Tel.  (33)-(0)3 28 23 76 12                   | | Fax: 03 28 65 82 44
 189A, avenue Maurice Schumann                 | | 59140 Dunkerque, France

Re: read from standard input

Ethan A Merritt-2
On Friday, 21 July 2017 16:39:03 Patrick Dupre wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In batch mode, I can make a pause and wait for a return
>
> I would like to pass a value to gnuplot at that point.

Pass a value from where?

If there is a plot window then this will wait for a key entered from
the plot window and then pass it to some routine for interpretation.
The routine could continue to accept new characters one by one
to build up a longer string.

        pause mouse key
        call some_routine_name MOUSE_CHAR

Re: read from standard input

Patrick Dupre

 Patrick DUPRÉ                                 | | email: [hidden email]
 Laboratoire de Physico-Chimie de l'Atmosphère | |
 Université du Littoral-Côte d'Opale           | |
 Tel.  (33)-(0)3 28 23 76 12                   | | Fax: 03 28 65 82 44
 189A, avenue Maurice Schumann                 | | 59140 Dunkerque, France

> Sent: Friday, July 21, 2017 at 4:53 PM
> From: "Ethan Merritt" <[hidden email]>
> To: [hidden email]
> Cc: "Patrick Dupre" <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [Gnuplot-info] read from standard input
>
> On Friday, 21 July 2017 16:39:03 Patrick Dupre wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > In batch mode, I can make a pause and wait for a return
> >
> > I would like to pass a value to gnuplot at that point.
>
> Pass a value from where?
>
> If there is a plot window then this will wait for a key entered from
> the plot window and then pass it to some routine for interpretation.
> The routine could continue to accept new characters one by one
> to build up a longer string.
>
> pause mouse key
> call some_routine_name MOUSE_CHAR

Following your idea, after a pause -1 (pause mouse key)
Clicking on the 2nd button of the mouse, I can display the values (x, y)
that I clicked.
How can I transfer these values to gnuplot when I make a return in the
terminal where gnuplot is waiting ?
Then I will affect the read value to the rest of my gnuplot script.

Re: read from standard input

Patrick Dupre
OK,

I got it

MOUSE_X

On Friday, 21 July 2017 17:04:53 Patrick Dupre wrote:

> > From: "Ethan Merritt" <[hidden email]>
> > On Friday, 21 July 2017 16:39:03 Patrick Dupre wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > In batch mode, I can make a pause and wait for a return
> > >
> > > I would like to pass a value to gnuplot at that point.
> >
> > Pass a value from where?
> >
> > If there is a plot window then this will wait for a key entered from
> > the plot window and then pass it to some routine for interpretation.
> > The routine could continue to accept new characters one by one
> > to build up a longer string.
> >
> > pause mouse key
> > call some_routine_name MOUSE_CHAR
>
> Following your idea, after a pause -1 (pause mouse key)
> Clicking on the 2nd button of the mouse, I can display the values (x, y)
> that I clicked.
> How can I transfer these values to gnuplot when I make a return in the
> terminal where gnuplot is waiting ?
> Then I will affect the read value to the rest of my gnuplot script.

The x and y coordinates from the most recent mouse click are in
 MOUSE_X and MOUSE_Y.