set grid lt rgb "#aaaaaa" plots dotted grid

set grid lt rgb "#aaaaaa" plots dotted grid

Dr. Johannes Zellner
Hello,

I just observed that

    set grid lt rgb "#aaaaaa"

plots a dotted grid, while

    set grid lt 3

plots a solid grid. Is this a bug?

In other words: how can I get a solid grid with a user defined (rgb)
color?

--
Johannes

Re: set grid lt rgb "#aaaaaa" plots dotted grid

Juergen Wieferink
Johannes Zellner wrote:

> I just observed that
>
>     set grid lt rgb "#aaaaaa"
>
> plots a dotted grid, while
>
>     set grid lt 3
>
> plots a solid grid. Is this a bug?
>
> In other words: how can I get a solid grid with a user defined (rgb)
> color?

Linecolors are now somewhat separated from linetypes:

gnuplot> set grid lt 1 lc rgb '#aaaaaa'

works correctly.  I don't know if the behavior you mentioned is
intended, though.  I'd expect at least a subsequent

gnuplot> set grid lc rgb '#333333'

not to change the linetype back to 0.  But I'm not aware of any
general policy in these things, so I can't say how it should be
done.

Juergen