version 5.0.2 release and other news (aquaterm dashes; arrays)

version 5.0.2 release and other news (aquaterm dashes; arrays)

sfeam

5.0.2 Release

---------------

Patchlevel 2 of gnuplot version 5.0 is now available as a tarball

download from SourceForge.

Windows binaries for the new version are not yet available.

Please continue to use the 5.0.1 binaries for now.

Aquaterm

---------

Jun Takimoto has modified aquaterm to support custon dashtypes.

This brings it into line with other terminals in version 5.

Unfortunately the fix came just a bit too late for the 5.0.2

release but is now in CVS for both 5.0 and 5.1

Arrays

-------

Please check out and test patch #724 on SourceForge

<https://sourceforge.net/p/gnuplot/patches/724/>

It adds support for arrays, which has been a recurring request.

I have been using it myself for a while, but I think it is

ready for more widespread testing. Basic use is like this:

# An array element can be an integer, a real, or a string

# just as if it were an individual named variable

array A[3]

A[1] = 123.45

A[2] = " some string"

print A[1]**2, A[2]

> 15239.9025 some string

print A[3]

> <undefined>

print A[4]

> array index out of range

show var A

> A = <2 element array>

# Plot a non-contiguous selection of columns

array COL[5] = [ 2,3, 5,6, 9]

plot for [i=1:5] 'data' using 0:(column(COL[i])) title columnhead(COL[i])

Re: version 5.0.2 release and other news (aquaterm dashes; arrays)

Plotter-2
On 13/01/16 21:13, Ethan A Merritt wrote:

> 5.0.2 Release
>
> ---------------
>
> Patchlevel 2 of gnuplot version 5.0 is now available as a tarball
>
> download from SourceForge.
>
> Windows binaries for the new version are not yet available.
>
> Please continue to use the 5.0.1 binaries for now.
>
> Aquaterm
>
> ---------
>
> Jun Takimoto has modified aquaterm to support custon dashtypes.
>
> This brings it into line with other terminals in version 5.
>
> Unfortunately the fix came just a bit too late for the 5.0.2
>
> release but is now in CVS for both 5.0 and 5.1
>
> Arrays
>
> -------
>
> Please check out and test patch #724 on SourceForge
>
> <https://sourceforge.net/p/gnuplot/patches/724/>
>
> It adds support for arrays, which has been a recurring request.
>
> I have been using it myself for a while, but I think it is
>
> ready for more widespread testing. Basic use is like this:
>
> # An array element can be an integer, a real, or a string
>
> # just as if it were an individual named variable
>
> array A[3]
>
> A[1] = 123.45
>
> A[2] = " some string"
>
> print A[1]**2, A[2]
>
>  > 15239.9025 some string
>
> print A[3]
>
>  > <undefined>
>
> print A[4]
>
>  > array index out of range
>
> show var A
>
>  > A = <2 element array>
>
> # Plot a non-contiguous selection of columns
>
> array COL[5] = [ 2,3, 5,6, 9]
>
> plot for [i=1:5] 'data' using 0:(column(COL[i])) title columnhead(COL[i])
>
> Ethan

Wow arrays !!

That was the biggest thing still missing from gnuplot since variable
assignment was introduced years ago.

I'm still amazed that Ethan added the initial version of that feature to
CVS barely 24h after I suggested it. One of my favourite stories about
how great gnuplot project is.

Now arrays too. How cool is that?

;)